This course covers the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a powered industrial truck (Forklift) equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment, for licensing purposes.
Assessment for High Risk Work (HRW) licences is undertaken by an accredited assessor approved by Workplace Health and Safety Queensland.
- Plan and prepare for forklift operations
- Identify and address potential risks and hazards
- Implement control measures
- Carry out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Operate forklift
- Forklift attachments
- Secure, lift, transfer and place loads correctly
- Carry out operator maintenance
This unit is based on the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work.
This training is conducted under agreement with MyneSight Pty Ltd RTO #31900.