This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely conduct lifting operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
Resources and infrastructure industries includes:
- Metalliferous Mining (including Mineral Exploration and Metalliferous Processing)
- Coal Mining (including Coal Handling and Preparation)
- Quarrying (extractive industries)
- Civil Construction
- Plan and prepare for lifting operations
- Access, interpret and apply load handling documentation
- Identify and address potential risks and hazards
- Implement control measures
- Develop lift plan
- Identify, select, inspect and assemble lifting equipment
- Move loads
- Confirm appropriate safe working loads using load charts and sling tags/charts
- Direct the movement of the load using standard signals
This training is conducted under agreement with MyneSight Pty Ltd RTO #31900.