This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely conduct non-slewing crane operations in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
A non-slewing mobile crane is a powered mobile crane that incorporates a boom or jib which does not slew and includes an articulated mobile crane.
Resources and infrastructure industries includes:
- Metalliferous Mining (including Mineral Exploration and Metalliferous Processing)
- Coal Mining (including Coal Handling and Preparation)
- Quarrying (extractive industries)
- Civil Construction
The work required in this unit relates to the National Standard for High Risk Work. Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the unit.
- Plan and prepare for non-slewing crane operations
- Interpret and apply crane operation documentation
- Identify and address potential risks and hazards
- Implement control measures
- Pre-start, start-up, park-up and shut-down procedures
- Operate non-slewing crane
- Pick, carry and place loads
- Perform multiple crane lift
- Operate in accordance with Australian Standards, manufacturer’s instructions and site requirements
- Perform crane operator maintenance
This training is conducted under agreement with MyneSight Pty Ltd RTO #31900.