This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to safely conduct underground lifting operations in Coal Mining.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this unit can vary between states, territories and Industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to completing this course to ensure it is suitable.
- Plan for underground lifting
- Identify and address potential risks and hazards
- Implement control measures
- Develop a preliminary underground lifting plan or site sketch
- Identify, select, inspect, assemble and certify underground lifting equipment
- Select and prepare appropriate anchors in accordance with the Strata Control Plan
- Identify and confirm appropriate safe working loads and centre of gravity
- Direct the movement of the load in an underground environment using standard signals for load moving
This training is conducted under agreement with MyneSight Pty Ltd RTO #31900.